500 gallon Compost Tea Party part 2

27 Jul

Let the Compost Tea Party begin.  The holes in our mesh bags were too large, and we were concerned that our sprayer might get clogged.  We grabbed some old panty hose and stuffed our bags into them.

We brewed up our first batch for about 24 hours.  It had a nice weak tea color and had a hint of earthy smell.  (I pulled out my old Sears microscope that I got for Christmas in ’85, but figured X600 would not be quite powerful enough to see any microbes.) The first batch went well and was applied at a rate of 15 gallons per acre.

The next batch that is brewing right now.  This batch will brew for 36 hours.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: